Thursday, January 16, 2014

Low Glycemic, Gluten Free, High Protein and Dairy Free Frozen Breakfast Burrito !

Hello everyone! It's been a while! If you keep up with my youtube channel you know I am currently trying to conceive while suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome. So I modified my diet to help my fertility and to lose all the weight I have gained for PCOS after going off birth control. I am still getting my bearings when it comes to a PCOS friendly diet. The hardest part for me is getting a good breakfast in when I wake up!!! Suffering from fibromyalgia makes it hard to cook first thing in the morning so I modified a process I previously used for basic frozen breakfast burritos to make it PCOS friendly. This would also be a great recipe for all my fibro friends once you cook it all you just wrap the burritos in foil then place them in a freezer bag and you're done 20 mornings of breakfast! Microwave them 1 minute and 30 seconds at a time until warm!

These burritos are Low Glycemic, Gluten Free, High Protein and Dairy Free.  I used uncured turkey bacon, 3/4 of a large white onion, one red pepper, one green pepper, 8 eggs, a splash of almond milk (to cut the eggs), 30 oz black beans drained and rinsed, 8 oz package of mushrooms, 20 gluten free wheat tortillas and I mix in 3 tablespoons of salsa at the end. Here is my process....

7 comments:

  1. What do you do to heat then back up? Stove? Microwave? How long do you cook them for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I microwave for 30 seconds at a time usually a minute is enough for mine sometimes 1:30

      Delete
  2. Do you know the nutritional info for these? I just made a batch, and was wondering about the total carb and calorie count :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 79 calories
      7g carbs
      8g protien
      1g sugar

      That is for the filling per serving most those carbs are slow burn carbs from from the beans. It really depends on what type of tortillas you use for the rest!

      Delete
  3. I am so excited to try these! I have PCOS too. Check out my blog at http://thecatholichomeeconomist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have PCOS, and am doing weight watchers, and am gluten free for 6 years. Im looking to make some of these. Which GF tortillas did you use? I find that they usually break and crumble.... any luck? Thank you for the post- great ideas!

    ReplyDelete